Just 50 years ago:
- police forces had Panda cars and, though walkie talkies were coming in, police boxes had not been fully phased out
- there were police constables and there were women police constables
- ambulance services were run by local government
- and fire tenders were, shall we say, less sophisticated than they are today
In 50 years time
- will there be a single national emergency service?
- will robots have replaced police constables?
- will ill health and accidents be so rare that ambulance services will be disbanded?
- just how sophisticated will fire tenders have become?
Want to talk about this sort of thing? Come to #ukblc15
What makes BlueLightCamp special is that if you want to talk about this, we will talk about it. If no-one wants to talk about this, we’ll talk about something else.